Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 38 - Roberts to Coldspring

Today we have a short day. About 48 miles to Coldspring.

The day started with the usual breakfast and lunch making activity, packing up and getting on the road.

The day dawned with a fair amount of cloud cover. Note the mileages in this picture. We are well over halfway.



The ride took us through the Sam Houston National Forest. It was nice riding through the forest.


Lake Conroe. It is nice to see large lakes again.


At New Waverly we had to take a detour to avoid some construction. I also went slightly off route before I realized that I was on the wrong road. But no by far.

The instructions for our destination were somewhat unclear from my notes so I ended up riding by the place, but not by far.

We are staying in a place called Sunday Houses, which are small but very nice cottages. Free laundry for us as well.


Beer has been obtained, a shower taken and time to catch up on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment