Thursday, October 9, 2014

Day 24 - Layover day at Fort Davis

Today is a rest day. Thankfully.

I started the day by sleeping in until nearly 8AM. Then went down to the store that is part of this motel and had coffee. After which I sat by the pool in the shade for awhile.

Later I took a walk down town. This is an interesting little tourist trap type of town. There are some that live here because of the observatory, but other than that there isn't a lot going on here.

It does have a fine looking courthouse.

After taking a walk down town Hal and I decided to do laundry prior to a trip up to the McDonald observatory. One of the locals, Lonnie, offered to drive us up there. Four of us gave him money for gas. And he went on the tour with us because he had not seen the daytime presentation that they do up there.

It was quite interesting. Here are a few photos I took of the outing.







On the way back we stopped and had milkshakes and then walked back to the motel where I spent time updating this blog and waiting for dinner to be prepared. I heard a rumor about steaks or something. Not sure, but I'm sure it will be good.

Tomorrow looks to be an easy day of only about 55 miles. Generally flat or down hill, but likely a few rollers.

No comments:

Post a Comment