Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 15 - Buckhorn to Silver City

Today we ride to Silver City and a much needed, for me at least, rest day. Today's ride is on paper similar to yesterday's ride in terms of climbing and distance but the climbs come at the end, with a bit of a downhill into Silver City.

The ride was fairly straight forward. The road was relatively quiet with slightly increasing traffic as we got closer to Silver City but overall good. The road surface was mostly pretty good.

The day started out cold. 38 Degrees F. At least there wasn't frost. Time to break out the cold weather gear. It is a new time zone as well so there was some confusion about when dawn would come.

Here Phil and Max are catching up to me, I think this is where I decided to take off my cold weather gear. Did I mention that I like the cold better than the heat?


The most significant milestone today is crossing the Continental Divide about 4 miles before reaching Silver City. Looking forward to a rest day. Got to camp early enough to get some laundry done.

We ate out at a Mexican Restaurant. It was very good, but I failed to note the name of it. Tomorrow we rent 2 cars and drive to the Gila Cliff Dwellings with an option for hot springs on the way back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment