Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 34 - Austin Rest Day

Today was a rest day. After the long slog of climbs and many rollers getting to Austin it was a much needed day off.

What did I do I my rest day. First I slept in, not sure how late, but it was light out when I got up. A real change of pace.

First off I did laundry.

Later I walked down to Radio Shack and bought a USB charger and a battery pack that allows me to charge two devices at once and will, in theory charge my cell phone completely more than once.

I finally worked out when I would get together with my old National Instruments colleagues. Darren picked me up at the arranged time of 3:30 and then went to the Dog and Duck for drinks where Jeff, Jeff, and David showed up. We had a nice time catching up and chatting about nothing particularly earth shattering.

Afterwards Darren took me to dinner at Chuy's where I had a chuychanga with a side of hatch green sauce. We talked of manny things and then he dropped me off at the hostel.

It was a fine rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment