Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 16 Rest Day

Today we go to the Gila Cliff Dwellings. Mitch has reserved a van and a car for us to drive. I volunteered to drive the car. We are planning on a small group stopping at the hot springs on the way back.

Loading the SUV that I drove with food and drinks. The cooler was loaned to us for the day.

Stopping to take pictures on the way up. Mitch drove the van.


Here are some pictures of the dwellings. This is a must see if you are ever in the area. It is about a 1 mile hike on a fairly easy trail, but there are some areas that don't have guard rails that you need to be careful on.

On the way down we spotted this snake in the bushes along the side of the trail.


Tomorrow, since we have the van until 9AM we are going to load up our gear and shuttle it to the next camp site.

Back at camp I returned the SUV to the rental place. The cooks grilled vegetables and beef and chickens on the BBQ grill at the Silver City RV park where we are staying. It was good.

Need to pack up as much as I can tonight and then get my tent taken down before 7AM so that it can go on the Van in the morning. It will be odd riding light.

Due to flooding our planned trip over Emory Pass the following day will require us to detour through Demming. There is a short and long route tomorrow. I'm not all that motivated to take the long route so I'm currently planning on taking the short route. We have a lot of riding to do before our next rest day and I'm feeling like a little bit of a break will help. Besides we drove about half of the longer route today so I've already seen the scenery, which, while nice is really just a lot of views of mountains with relatively sparse trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment