Monday, August 25, 2014

Bike in shop for tune up.

I took my bike to the shop today for a final tune up before I leave. Should be back by Thursday. New handlebar tape, new chain and probably chain rings and cassette will be needed.

I'm already missing not riding to work. I'll probably get the Robaix out tomorrow and use it to ride to work.

It will be interesting to see how much speed difference that makes as I've been riding mostly fully loaded all year. It always takes me a bit to get used to the Robaix as it is so light it feels really twitchy when I ride. Plus the handlebars are quite a bit lower on it.

I'm planning on leaving my Windows Laptop at work and take my Mac Book Air home and leave it there instead of carrying them both back and forth to work as I usually do. I'll probably also switch to my camel back for carrying my work clothes.

This weekend and next week I'm planning on bumping my total miles up above 200. Possibly 250. That should put me in decent shape for the ride. The first 8 days we cover about 420 miles. Then a day off in Phoenix or Tempe, not sure which yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment